Image Map

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wegmans Buffalo Chicken

I'm ready to go on vacation, it's been a long few weeks at work!  Yesterday was another long day in the lab and at my desk.  Before we sail away into the Alaskan wild tomorrow, I have a few things to accomplish at work.  I'm always responsible for doing chemistry and making new compounds every week.  In addition to that, this week I have to finish making a presentation so that it's ready for when I return from vacation.  Since I don't want to do too much work while on vacation, I'm working long hours this week!


At least I've finished packing my suitcase!  I keep going back to it and trying to decide if I have enough layers, socks and workout clothes.  Boyfriend was very jealous that all of my stuff fit into my suitcase, with room to spare.  That's the bonus of being a girl, our clothes are smaller so we can pack more! 


The cameras are charged, lenses are cleaned, my Kindle is stocked with new literature (chick lit and fashion magazines) and the apartment is almost ready for us to go away.  Just a few more turns around the house to clean up and empty out the fridge.  Not that we have much in the fridge this week anyways, I bought bananas at the grocery store this week, but I don't really want to return to fuzzy limes and milk that is more yogurt than milk.  Luckily, dinner was made up of items that I always have in the house.  And it's one of boyfriends favorite meals (minus the carrots).

One Year Ago: Pork Tenderloin Salad
Two Years Ago: Oreo Cheesecake Ice Cream

Wegmans Buffalo Chicken
A Wilde Simple

I don't think that I can really call this a recipe.  It's just something that reminds boyfriend and I of eating dinner in Buffalo.  While I can get all my favorite sauces and even meats shipped to me here in Jersey, it's this quick and easy dish I make the most.  You will find this recipe in the Wegmans meat department among their prepared chicken breasts. Boyfriend would make this at least once a week when he was living in Buffalo and he prefers it served with box stuffing and nothing else.  I was told not to contaminate his meal with smelly carrots.  I did anyway.

3 Chicken breasts
Franks Buffalo hot sauce
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place chicken on the sheet.  Drizzle with Franks hot sauce, drown them in hot sauce!  Sprinkle with half of the blue cheese Bake chicken for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through (chicken should reach 165 F).  Sprinkle each chicken breast with the remaining blue cheese and serve with your favorite sides.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails