Image Map

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups

Dinner last night was messy.  I blame Shoprite.  It's all because they didn't have the lettuce that I wanted, that Boyfriend and I wound up with sauce all down our wrists.  All I wanted was bibb lettuce, with its nice cup-shaped leaves.  But no, Shoprite had to have romaine, Boston, iceberg, spring mix, everything but bibb lettuce.


Even with all the juices running down our hands, this dinner was delicious.  I always like adding fish sauce into my meals, mostly because it starts out smelling so discusting, but lends such fantastic flavors to my meals.  It's such an amazing transformation!

I wanted a light, yet flavorful dish because I still had three miles to run after dinner.  These lettuce cups were just the perfect dinner to have before hitting the road.


Then I came home and had some chocolate cake.

One Year Ago: Asparagus Lasagna
Two Years Ago: Green Velvet Cupcakes

Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups
Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine

If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner, this is your meal.  After prepping all of my vegetables, which took about ten minutes, dinner was done in less than fifteen minutes!  A good hit of protein and vegetables, this is also a great meal for a healthy weeknight dish.

Extra virgin olive oil
1 large shallot, minced
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 pound ground chicken
1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
1 cup basil leaves
Juice from 1 lime
1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
1 head bibb lettuce

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add shallot and cook for 2 minutes, or until it begins to soften.  Add red bell pepper and cook for 1 more minute.  Add garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.  Transfer shallot mixture to another bowl.

Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and add ground chicken.  Break up chicken with a wooden spoon and saute until browned and cooked through.  Add shallot mixture back to the pan, followed by serrano pepper.  Cook for 1 minute.  Add fish sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.  Remove from the heat and stir in basil leaves and lime juice.  Serve in lettuce cups.
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. The best assignment help provider in UK assists you to score good grades by helping you is completing your tasks on time. Some of the reasons why you should get assignment done from us:

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I think it will help a lot. I leave my blog address below. Please visit once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am confident they will be benefited from this site

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have bookmarked you hopefully you keep posting new stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for Valuable tips I’ve learned from reading your content. Be a good author

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog like this

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this, Such smart blog work and reporting! Im impressed with this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this wonderful read. It is always so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are actually impressive ideas in concerning blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Much appreciated. All of your blog was amazing. I am really a fan of yours

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails