Image Map

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Wilde Week #20



1. Did you stop by this week and have some cake?  WITK celebrated it's third birthday this year and we feasted on Milky Way Cake!  So good.

2. I finally made it to NY Cake & Bake this week and I was in sprinkle heaven!  I had to hold myself back from buying the entire aisle.  I want a rainbow of sanding sugars in my pantry and sprinkles for each holiday.

3. Did you know that J Crew only puts things on sale once they run out of my size?  I desperately wanted these seahorse shorts, it just wasn't in the cards.

4. If you were wondering, I totally bought the flowered jeans from last week!  I'm wearing them right now as I write this post.  They make me very happy, especially since they were 50% off, plus another 50% off.

5. Heading to NYC?  Want delicious brunch?  Go to Tartine in the West Village.  I went there with a friend this week and they make an amazing (and huge) apple pancake.


6. It's summertime in NYC and that means the Union Square Greenmarket is full of local eats.  While I was tempted by the bright snapdragons and bunches of sweet pea blossoms, I went home with a basket full of Santa Rosa plums.  I didn't bake them into anything, I just ate them.  What can't you resist putting in your basket when you head to the farmers market?

7. Any other thirty somethings having a great summer watching Pretty Little Liars?  Total guilty pleasure TV.

Photo: Blackberry rice Krispy treats. So good, I've almost eaten the entire pan.


8. I posted these blackberry rice krispy treats on facebook yesterday and promised you a recipe.  Guess what, it's so simple!  Just use this...  Blackberry Flavor Fountain (from LorAnn Oils!).  They have a whole bunch of different flavors - bubble gum, cake batter, mango.  I got mine at a local specialty store, but you can totally order the syrup from their website or Amazon.

Black Raspberry Rice Krispy Treats

3 tablespoons butter
1 - 10 ounce package marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispy Cereal
1 tablespoon Black raspberry flavoring

Lightly coat a 9x13-inch pan in cooking spray.  Wipe out the excess with a paper towel.

In a large pot, melt butter over low heat.  Add marshmallows and stir to coat in butter.  Stirring occasionally, let marshmallows melt completely.  Add black raspberry flavoring and stir until combined.  Add cereal and stir to coat.  Pour into the prepared pan and press into an even layer.  Let sit for at least an hour before cutting into squares.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails