Image Map

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

CTB 2014 - Pillsbury Best Cookies Cookbook

Last week a few people at work asked me what I was going to bake for Easter. I replied - "Nothing." I don't really cook for holidays and you all know that a blogger bakes holiday foods way before the actual holiday. I was making Thanksgiving sides by Halloween. Christmas candy in late November. Valentine's day treat for Presidents day. But seriously, I'm not really a holiday blogger.


I may get lucky and make something green around St. Patrick's Day, like a salad, or whip up something patriotic around the Fourth of July. A good bet though, if you are in need of a holiday treat, you may want to hit up another blog! Holidays seem to sneak up on me and it's all of a sudden the week after Easter and I'm buying Cadbury mini eggs on sale at CVS.


This year I think I have an excuse. Of the past four weeks, I've been out of town for three of them. Maybe I'll start celebrating foreign holidays? Heading to London, Berlin & Sydney next month - time to research what English, German and Australian people celebrate in May!



One Year Ago: Raspberry Macarons with White Chocolate Buttercream
Two Years Ago: Sweet Potato & Choriquo Gratin
Three Years Ago: Mango Shrimp Curry


Peanut Butter Macaroon Brownies

I didn't make these brownies for Easter, I think that I made them some time in February. Whether they are for a holiday treat or just a normal Tuesday, these brownies are awesome. Anything this peanut butter chips and sweetened condensed milk can't be too bad!

Brownies

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Topping

7 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cup package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8x8-inch pan with cooking spray.

Beat together sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.  Add flour and cocoa powder and mix until smooth. Stir in peanut butter chips.  Press dough into prepared pan.

In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for the topping. Spread mixture over the brownie batter.

Bake brownies for 30-35 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.  Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.  Cut into bars and enjoy.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails