Image Map

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Singaporean Chicken


Last year I had the privilege to visit the island nation of Singapore. I was there for a work trip, where we had to meet with some government officials, university doctors and local companies. It was a whirlwind trip that started with lost luggage, but ended with one very enjoyable day sightseeing.


The president of my company is a very kind man. He believes that if you are going to fly halfway around, you should at least have a moment to see the city. After four busy days of work, I got to walk down Orchard Road and window shop, I took in the views on top of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and ate some seriously tasty food at a food stall market.


During my day of being a tourist, I picked up a few cookbooks. I can't believe that it has taken me over a year to try out some of the recipes! I'm so happy that I finally made this chicken dish. The flavors are amazing and it's an easy weeknight dinner. Give it a try and enjoy a taste of Singapore!


One Year Ago: Potato, Spinach & Asparagus Quiche
Two Years Ago: Gluten Free Cookies & Cream Mallomars
Three Years Ago: Hot Dog & Hamburger Buns
Four Years Ago: Strawberry-Kiwi Pop Tarts




Singaporean Grilled Chicken

1 pound chicken thighs

Marinade
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon white pepper

Sauce
3 tablespoons hot water
3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese plum sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
Juice from 2 limes

Mix ingredients for marinade in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Allow chicken to sit for 10 minutes.  Grill chicken (on an outdoor grill, or grill pan set over medium-high) until browned on both sides and cooked through.

While chicken is grilling, combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over low until warmed.

Remove chicken from the grill and place on a serving platter. Pour sauce over top of the chicken.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails